The Brighter Hotel was located at 2nd and Penn St, right over the Penn St. bridge in Reading. It was built and opened in 1900. By 1920 it was remodeled to hold a business on the first floor, which became occupied by Auto Sales Corp. The higher floors remained apartments. By 1978 the building was deemed unfit for human habitation by an inspector and was subsequently torn down. The building was pictured below in 1980, uninhabited. Pictured top right is the office building that stands in it’s place today.
Picture source: the Passing Scene