Stoudt’s Restaurant was located at 602 Penn Avenue in Sinking Spring (now the 4000 block and a parking lot). It was opened in 1951 and owned by Edward and Ada Stoudt. Edward’s son, also named Edward, worked for his father starting in 1960, and eventually split off and opened Stoudt’s Black Angus; which is still a successful business on North Reading Road in Adamstown.
Stoudt’s Restaurant was known for its PA Dutch Country cooking. It closed in 1973 after 22 years, and the building was demolished to create a parking lot for St. John’s Reformed Church across the street.