Sinking Spring Speedway was located along Fritztown Road, between Old Fritztown and Montello Roads. It opened in August of 1948 and was a quarter-mile semi-banked dirt racetrack about a half-mile southwest of Sinking Spring. It was ran by Harry D. Weil. They hosted afternoon and night races under lighting over the summer months.
The twice-deffered 1949 Sinking Spring racing inaugural has attracted a field of more than 25 drivers, mostly from Reading and Berks County, and many of the youthful pilots will be making their debut in competitive racing.
The track hosted midgets, hot rods and stock cars during its history. They also had boxing matches. The site was owned by Montello Athletic Club who leased it to Weil. It was directly next to the Sunoco Montello Plant. The track was short lived and was out of business by the early 1950s when the land was sold to the gas company.
Source: Reading Eagle, Informational contributions by Stephen Bubb and Paul Miller