Ontelaunee High School

Ontelaunee High School
Ontelaunee High School
Ontelaunee High School 1954

Ontelaunee High was located in Leesport PA, right along Centre Ave or Route 61. The original High School building was built in 1914. An addition was added in 1939. Ontelaunee High’s mascot was the Indian and the colors were red and yellow.

Dear Ontelaunee, We are all thy people.
Thy name to us means pride and love and praise.

Read Full Article

Birdsboro High School

Birdsboro High School
Original High School – Washington Building – Photo courtesy of Todd Pete

The first sources of education in Birdsboro was founded in 1820 when a “Pay School” was established. However, not until 1872 was the first public high school organized. Its curriculum was similar to Grade 8 in the year 1945. The original high school building was called the Washington Building and was located on W.… Read Full Article

Antietam Valley Shopping Center

Antietam Valley Shopping Center
Pictured in 1969

The Antietam Valley Shopping Center was built in 1961 along St. Lawrence Avenue and Perkiomen Avenue on the edge of St. Lawrence and Mt. Penn. At the time of the picture above in 1969 various smaller stores included a state store, beer distributor, pastry shop, Merchants, insurance and more. Larger anchors included Woolworth’s and Pantry Pride. The strip mall was renovated in 1990.… Read Full Article

Wilson High School

Wilson High pictured in 1930 shortly after completion

The original Wilson High School building was erected in 1929 on Grandview Boulevard above West Lawn. The first school year started in Fall 1929 and housed 7th-12th grades. The name of the school was chosen in the hope that the life of the man in whose honor it was named, Woodrow Wilson, might serve as an ideal for the young people attending it.… Read Full Article

Bethel High School

Bethel High School
Bethel High School
Bethel High School in 1962 – addition in foreground added in the mid-1950s

The Bethel education system served the youth of the township beginning in 1911 on a two-year school program. The first class, numbering just two students, graduated in 1913. They first met in the Bethel Grade School building in a small room with two instructors. In 1923 the high school was changed to a 4-year program.… Read Full Article