Tag: Reading School District

  • Reading Girl’s High School

    The first school building at 4th and Court streets was originally built in 1839, and occupied by an all-boys private school called the Reading Academy until 1853, when the boys public school program began. In September of 1857, thirty-eight girls began attending classes in an upper room of the Boy’s Academy building. The boys and…

    Read more: Reading Girl’s High School
Berks Nostalgia