The Colonial Theatre

Loews Colonial Theatre - Reading PA
The Colonial Theatre

The Colonial Theatre was one of Reading’s first large theatres built specifically for movies, and opened on April 16, 1917, with “Sleeping Fires”. It was operated by Carr & Schad, which had the local franchise for Paramount-Artcraft releases. In September, 1925, the Loew’s Inc. circuit took over and ran the Colonial Theatre through its peak years as home for all the major MGM releases, including “Gone With the Wind”.… Read Full Article