Above the fold in the March 22nd, 1965 Reading Eagle
Ads & more
The Colonial Theatre was one of Reading’s first large theatres built specifically for movies, and opened on April 16, 1917, with “Sleeping Fires”. It was operated by Carr & Schad, which had the local franchise for Paramount-Artcraft releases. In September, 1925, the Loew’s Inc. circuit took over and ran the Colonial Theatre through its peak years as home for all the major MGM releases, including “Gone With the Wind”.… Read Full Article
The Fairgrounds Square Mall was built on the site of the old Reading Fairgrounds
The Mall opened in October 1980
The Mall’s opening ribbon-cutting ceremony happening on October 20th 1980, on the first day of the 125th Reading Fair which was held on its premises.… Read Full Article
Above the fold in the March 21st, 1969 Reading Eagle.
Ads & more stories